The Hero Search Panel is one of multiple widget options we offer our dealers to place on their homepage as a “welcome widget”. It includes an image, search bar, and call to action buttons linked to pages or URLs.
Locating the API Key (Necessary for the search function to work properly):
- Log into the dealer Sitefinity backend
- Under the top navigation, go to Pages and select the Search page
- Within the Equipment Search widget, click Edit
- Copy the Azure Read-Only API Key (You will paste in the Setting up the Search Function step)
Adding Hero Search widget to homepage:
- Under the top navigation, go to Design > Page Templates and select the Homepage template
- From the widget dropdown on the right, under Kubota Custom, drag and drop the Hero Search widget into the homepage layout.
- Since the Hero widget acts as a welcome to your homepage, we suggest placing it towards the top of the homepage
- Click More on the widget, and make the widget Editable on Pages so dealers can make changes
- Click Edit in the top right corner to make custom edits
Setting up the Search Function:
- To update the search functionality, click Simple in the bottom right corner
- From the Where to Search drop down, select the correct search index (ex. dealer-fullsite)
- Paste the Azure Read-Only API Key you copied above into the Blaze Search Read-Only API Key
- Select the Search Page for where to display the results
- Select Hero search. blaze for template
- Save your settings
Customize the Hero Panel:
- Upload a single image to be the background for your Hero widget. Save it under the Default Library
- Add a Heading and Tagline
- Add Call to Action buttons (up to 4)
- Check the active box for each button
- Link buttons to pages/URLs and name the buttons
- Save Changes
Have a question or still need help? Submit a Help Ticket to the Kubota Help Desk!
Please sign in to leave a comment.