Utilizing the Dealer employee widget is a great way to highlight the staff at a dealership's locations. Photos, contact information and staff separated by location are all features of the Dealer employee widget.
Quick note before we begin: The staff uploaded through the backend can be viewed on two pages of the dealer website. Under the top navigation under About, the Staff page will list all staff. Then, under the Locations page, staff will be listed by location if the dealer has more than one.
- Log into the dealer Sitefinity backend
- Under the top navigation, go to Dealer Locations (Content > Dealer > Dealer Locations)
- Click DealerEmployees under the location you want to add staff to
- Click the green Create a DealerEmployee to add staff
- Fill out as much staff information as possible (name, contact info, photo, etc)
- The Display Weight is the order in which the staff will be viewable on the Location page frontend. The lowest number will be at the bottom of the list, and the highest number will be presented first
- As you input staff, they will be sorted on the backend in descending order by last modified. Adjusting the sort criteria is an option (ex. Custom sorting > Display weight)
- Continue adding staff for each location
The following steps are for customizing the Staff Page. The Location page will have staff listed in order of display weight for each location.
- Under the top navigation, go to Pages > About > Staff
- The DealerEmployee widget should already be on the page layout, but if it is missing, follow steps 9 & 10
- Find the dealer employee widget under the dropdown Content > Dealer > DealerEmployees
- Drag and drop widget to layout and click Edit within the widget
- Under List Settings change sort dealeremployees to As Set Manually
- Under List Settings change the list template to Default
- Under the Content tab, you can adjust which staff is displayed (ex. selected dealer employees allows you to arrange selected staff from any location)
- Save changes & Publish page
Have a question or still need help? Submit a Help Ticket to the Kubota Help Desk!
Please sign in to leave a comment.